The most amazing fork tender salmon!
Everybody loves salmon. It’s just about the most delicious way to load up on your daily dose of protein and omega 3 fatty acids. And with sous vide cooking, you get to experience salmon at a whole other level.
When it comes to seafood and fish, there’s probably no other cooking method that can compare to sous vide cooking. You get the most amazing tender bite whilst still retaining that flaky texture. And best of all, you retain way more of the nutrients than with conventional cooking methods. Once you sous vide salmon, you’ll never want to eat dry, tasteless fish again!
- 2 pieces of salmon, skin on, half inch thick wild salmon is best or if not, organically farmed salmon make sure your pieces have even thickness, if not it will not cook evenly
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wedges of fresh lemon
- Coarse sea salt (if you have pink himalayan rock salt that’s even better!)
- Place your salmon in the bag. If using 1 bag, be careful to spread the 2 pieces of salmon out in the bag. Or better yet, you can have each piece of salmon in its own bag to ensure even cooking.
- Add 1 sprig of fresh rosemary and half a tbsp of olive oil for each piece of salmon and gently massage the salmon to ensure the oil is coated evenly around the salmon.
- Vacuum seal each piece on ‘gentle’ or ‘low’ setting. Make sure the pressure is not too strong ,if not your salmon will be crushed. Take care that your rosemary does not stab a hole in the bag either.
- Preheat your sous vide water bath to 50°C / 122°F
- Once your water bath is ready, place your bagged salmon into the water bath. You can either clip your bags to the side of the water bath or you can use a rack to keep your bags from pressing together.
- Set your timer and cook for 35 minutes.
- When the salmon is done, remove from the bag and dry the skin side with a paper towel.
- And now for your final sear! Get your grill pan hot to almost smoking point. Place your salmon, skin side down and cook for 30-45 secs. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on the fleshy side while waiting for the skin to crisp.
- Plate up with a wedge of fresh lemon and serve!
And that’s how you can cook a simple sous vide salmon that will impress your friends and family! They’ll be blown away at just how juicy and tender your sous vide salmon can be.
Make sure you post and share with us pictures of your finished dish and send us your thoughts and comments so that we can hear how the dish went for you!
So sous vide soon and bon appétit!
Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
List Price: $199.00
• 360° directional pump for maximum circulation
• Touch screen display with °C & °F readouts
• User-adjustable temperature calibration
• All stainless steel (wetted parts)
• Easy disassembly for cleaning
• Compact size with manual operation
• CrushFree Instant Seal helps protect delicate foods during sealing process
• Patented, removable, dishwasher-safe, drip tray
• Accessory port and hose vacuum seals canisters and marinates food in minutes
• 1-year limited warranty
• 11″ x 16′ roll
• Multi-ply material prevents freezer burn
• Specially designed channels block oxygen and moisture to maximize air removal
• BPA free
• Simmer and microwave safe